Sunday, March 8, 2009

My second weekend

I guess i'll start writing about the my second weekend here.. its not too interesting, didnt do much. However, Friday was a long day for me, since I had so many thing planned for the same day!
Things that I planned for Friday:
  • Going to Immigration office to make my alien registration (foreign card)
  • Going to Myeong Dong to meet my friend, Hyun Jin
  • Going to City hall at 6:30 to register for a korean class, and do a korean level test
  • Going to Itaewon for partying (? still unplanned at that time)
So,.. I left for home at 10am in the morning, met up with the others at the main gate of the school. Some people came late, as it always happen when we go with a group of people. So we only got to the immigration office at 11:30am. When we arrived, it all PACKED with people!! We took a waiting number, and mine was no.538.. and the number on the counter was no.142.. I had to wait for around 400 numbers!! We as a group then decided, to just fill out the forms and come back in a few hours..

Went to Yong san for like 15 mins, then I left on my own to Myeong Dong to meet with my friend, Hyun Jin. She tooked my to lunch and we ate 부대지개, so freaking delicious!!! and i forgot to mention, so BIG as well!!!! After that we walked around Myeong Dong, did some shopping, took sticker photos, and ate some food on the road. Its such a shopping heaven there!! Anyway, at 4pm, we left Myeong Dong and went back to Anguk to check on my number..

Guess what?? When I got there, it the number was 640!!! I missed the number!!! argh!!! So annoyed, but since im not in a hurry to get it, I will just go back to it this coming week. So we left the immigration office, and went to Insa-dong nearby. Insa-dong, a place to buy Korean souvenirs! We went to a place called Ssamjigil, where I wanted to go when I saw the place in the tour guide book. This place is filled with all sorts of hand-made products, and we could even make some ourselves. I just created my own decorated mirror, and got my name carved on a stamp.. I will go back to that place again, with Hyun Jin and make my own bowl and lights!

After all the DIY stuff, I was already late with meeting up Benjamin at the city hall, for the application of Korean classes, got there at 6:52pm and waited for Benjamin. Thank god he was also late, if not he would have mean so mad at me.. We went to apply for Korean classes, and because I have learnt korean myself before, I had to take the korean level test to see which class I belong to. Did a 50Q test and the questions were so difficult!! Q15-25, I could still figure out a bit of what the Q was on about, but from Q30-50, I practically guessed everything.. So in the end, Im in Beginner level 3 class.. which I will be starting on Monday, for the upcoming Months..

I already missed 1 class, so I would need to catch up, if not I will need to stay behind for another month. So im gonna take that chance, and try and pass it! Benjamin is going to start the class next month since the beginner 1 class was too full..

Anyway, that was my Friday, didnt go party cuz I was too tired, but I shall go on the upcoming Friday! Saturday, I did nothing.. just stayed home.. Today, I went to Yong san in the afternoon with Li and Kee Wook, and I went searching for a digital Korean dictionary, and I got ONE! Quite a good deal, pretty cheap.. and I got something else too, but I ain't gonna share it here..
Below are some pictures for you all to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment